Another big month of reading & another month of checking books of my ‘Want To Read’ shelf on Goodreads. I read some great book this past month & i’m excited to keep getting through some more. I know I’ll be slowly down soon, but that’s a-okay. I alternated a bunch between physical books & reading on my Kobo, I am however finding it more enjoyable these days to read on my Kobo (maybe because I can read at 3 am when I can’t sleep yet again), but it’s been a lifesaver for a book lover like me.
So with March coming to an end, here is my Reading Recap:
2023 Reading Challenge
17 / 40
The Club by Ellery Lloyd
The American Roommate Experiment by Elena Armas
Completed in March:
- Better Than Fiction by Alexa Martin
- Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen
- One Night On The Island by Josie Silver
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney
- Better Than Fiction: This book wasn’t bad, it was definitely my usual type of read, where they obviously fall in love & it’s the story behind it. However I do think it could have been a hell of a lot shorter, I think it could have done without quite a few parts.
- Counterfeit: I really enjoyed this book, it had me hooked & let me tell you, I did not see the little twist in the third half coming at alll. I think it made the book that much better. I really enjoyed this book, & honestly the surprise element there really had me hooked even more. I do hope that maybe there is a sequel, I’d like to see what else the characters can get up to.
- One Night On The Island: So, I didn’t mind this book, but I really didn’t love it. I’ve had it on my kobo for a while & while I had nothing from the library available I figured I would read it. But yeah, it really wasn’t my fav & I could have probably gone without reading it.
- Ugly Love: I did thoroughly enjoy this one by Colleen Hoover, I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favourites by her, but I did enjoy it. I did find it a little long but overall I did like it, & recommend it if you like her books.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: I have now borrowed this book maybe 5 times from the library, but I finally, yes finalllly got through it. I was instantaneously hooked with this one by Taylor. I really did enjoy the overall storyline & did shed a few tears at the end. I’ll be highly recommending this book
- Daisy Darker: This book was all sorts of messed up. I gave it a 4 stars because it literally had me hooked, I could not put it down. Everything really came together in the third part of the book, & my mind was literallly blown away. It’s dark & it’s murderous but it was a great read.
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!
One thought on “March 2023 Reading Recap”
Pingback: Keeping Up With Cass – March 2023 | Uniquely Cass