It’s only the end of Month 2 of 2023, but I’ve been managing to not only do some serious reading damage but I’ve also managed to check off so many books already that were on my ‘want to read’ shelf in goodreads, which is an even better feeling. I had some insane library visits as well, at one point I had about 7 books come up available for me at the same time, I got super overwhelmed & just tried to read the ones that had people waiting for the books after me right away. My local library also finally got overdrive, which means I can also take out e-books on my kobo, which was super exciting as well for me. Usually those holds come up quicker since not many people take e-books out of the library. So I was able to really read a whole lot this past month.
So with February coming to an end, here is my Reading Recap:
2023 Reading Challenge
11 / 40
Better Than Fiction by Alexa Martin
Completed in February:
- Eight Perfect Hours by Lia Louis
- Last Couple Standing by Matthew Norman
- The Last Housewife by Ashley Winstead
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
- The Italian Job by Kathryn Freeman
- Such A Quiet Place by Megan Miranda
- The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose
- Eight Perfect Hours: I really wasn’t a fan of this one. I’m glad I read it, I had bought it maybe a year ago on my Kobo for like $1 and it’s sat there unread. So it feels nice that it’s done & out of my unread section. However I found it just dragged on & to be honest, I just didn’t enjoy it.
- Last Couple Standing: I had mixed feels reading this book, overall i’m glad I read it but I just again didn’t enjoy it. I found it kinda hard to get into, & as a newly married woman it played up on my insecurities a little too much.
- The Last Housewife: This book had me completely hooked. I don’t even know where to start but I could not put this book down, I needed to know what would happen next & just yeah. I did love it, but I do have so many unanswered questions about things that happened & were just left unsaid.
- The Last Thing He Told Me: I found this one okay. There was a whole lot going on & I found you really had to pay attention to keep track between the flashbacks & what was happening. I’m glad I read it & got it off my ‘want to read list’ but I do feel like this was the kind of book that needs a sequel.
- The Italian Job: I loved this book, I needed a cute & easy read after some of the books I’ve been reading. This was another ‘I could not put down’ & I loved every minute of it.
- Such A Quiet Place: I just love Megan Miranda books, I have nothing else really to say. This one did take me for a ride & again I just had so many questions & wanted to keep knowing what would happen next. It wasn’t one of my favourites by her, but it was still a really good & suspenseful read.
- The Perfect Marriage: So this was one interesting book. I only gave it 3 stars on goodreads, but like I was totally hooked. I knew it would end in a twist, & it really did. I can’t lie, the twist took me for a turn though. There was so much going on at times that I did find it to be a little much but that kept it interesting foresure.
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!
One thought on “February 2023 Reading Recap”
Pingback: Keeping Up With Cass – February 2023 | Uniquely Cass