Now that we are pretty well settled, I finally got a little more reading in. I’m back to reading a few chapters before bed (which always helps me sleep), & just reading a little more. I did end up borrowing a few books from the library, the local library is literally a 5 minute walk away from the house which is literally unreal, however they still aren’t technically open to visit, so you have to make holds online & pick up at a window when it’s ready. Which is super tough because I just love walking around & picking what speaks to me. So I put a few that are on my Goodreads list on hold & even got a few checked off! You might also notice a trend with the light hearted fun, beachy reads but ya know, it was August & what else would I turn to during a heatwave ….
So with August coming to an end, here is my latest Reading Recap of 2021:
2021 Reading Challenge
The Rehearsals by Annette Christie
Completed in August:
- Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
- Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Cactus by Sarah Haywood
- The New Guy by Katheryn Freeman
- The Wife Stalker by Liv Constantine
- Everyone Worth Knowing: This one took me a minute to get into. It slowly got better, but honestly I wasn’t really in love with it & the story line. Slightly disappointing read from Lauren Weisberger
- Golden Girl: Elin Hilderbrand, AKA the beach read queeen! I literally read this book in maybe 2 days, I could not put it down, I shed a few tears, you name it! This is definitely a must read if you enjoy not only Elin’s books, but beachy reads with some learning/growth in the characters.
- The Cactus: I was slightly disappointed with this one, it has been on my ‘to read’ shelf for so long, that I was just deflated after finishing it. Very predictable but just wasn’t my cup of tea in the end. At least it’s off my ‘to-read’ list.
- The New Guy: This was a $1 book I picked up when I ran out of books on my Kobo. Honestly it was super cute & I really enjoyed it. It was a light read & made me smile often!
- The Wife Stalker: This one was like mind blowing & just kept me on my toes. Liv Constantine also wrote about literally my worst nightmare so that didn’t help. But this was an addicting read, & I was constantly on my toes which had me continuously needing to keep reading!
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Let me know in the comments, I’m always looking for new books to add to my reading list – nothing is off limits!
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!
2 thoughts on “August 2021 Reading Recap”
Pingback: Keeping Up With Cass – August 2021 | Uniquely Cass
Pingback: 2021 Reading Challenge Update & Book List | Uniquely Cass