Despite this being a busy as anything month on my end, I did it, I got some serious reading in! I did start the month with a kobo related panic, but everything worked out, thanks to their support team. My battery life went from lasting 2 weeks on a charge to literally being taken off the charger & dying within 10 minutes, yes this clearly lead to some little meltdowns but thanks to Kobo, I was able to reset my device & it’s back to normal now, so I can finally read without a battery pack attached. I am also so happy I was able to get a bunch of reading done, it feels really nice to see how many books I was able to get through.
So with June coming to an end, here is my sixth Reading Recap of 2021:
2021 Reading Challenge
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren
Completed in June:
- The Girl From Widow Hills by Megan Miranda
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- Every Vow You Break by Peter Swanson
- The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda
- The Last Flight by Julie Clark
- The Girl From Widow Hills: This one was just mind blowing. I can’t lie, I could not put it down once I got reading. I honestly just needed to know what happened next & I was just hooked on this book. it is a slight thriller in a way, but I really shockingly enjoyed it.
- The Hating Game: Now this was a cute one. I think I desperately needed to read one of these cute books, because I also flew through this one. I did love how she was just clueless & how predictable the book ended up being.
- Every Vow You Break: THIS BOOK ENDED UP BEING INSANE. Like I literally could not believe what I was reading. This is totally one of those books you won’t put down because you neeed to know what happens next but I am literally mind freaking blown.
- The Perfect Stranger: Another day, another semi thriller novel. I also clearly have started to like Megan Miranda’s books. This one was really good, & again, I just could not put it down, I needed to keep reading & just find out what happened next. Highly recommend giving one of her books a read at this point.
- The Last Flight: This one jumped between two main characters and holy moly, is literally all I can say. I was skeptical at first when I first started reading, but not only got hooked as I read more, but just really enjoyed finding out what happened next. I also still can’t believe how it ended. Totally not a beachy/summery read, but it was actually really good.
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Let me know in the comments, I’m always looking for new books to add to my reading list – nothing is off limits!
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!