Most weekdays I have a mid-morning matcha just to mainly curb any mid-morning ‘i want to snack’ thoughts / temptations. I also am so not a coffee person (don’t get at me about this), I literally just hate the smell. So obviously I needed a stronger pick me up, to my usual teas, insert Matcha. Matcha is the purest form of green tea, it’s basically the leaves just crushed down. I have now been making my own Matcha Lattes for the past two years or so & really can not go back to ‘treating myself’ to one from a coffee shop, it’s not the same & I find those to be wayyy to sugary which says something if it’s coming from me. I also feel like it’s taken forever but I think I might have mastered my at-home matcha these last few weeks & it’s been so amazing.
My Matcha Recipe:
- Pure Matcha – I use the brand Amoda (I promise you can tell the difference between matcha’s once you have a good one!)
- Organika Enhanced Collagen (the only collagen I 1000% trust / you also can’t taste it)
- Splash of Almond Milk (I use the unsweetened ones)
- Hot Water
- Sometimes I add a little drop of honey if I want something sweet
How I make my Matcha
- Boil hot water
- Pour a small amount of hot water into your cup
- Then pour a small amount of Almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- Add a spoonful of collagen and Matcha
- (if you like it sweeter, add your honey, or sweetner here)
- Pour into a small blender
- Blend quickly, and not for long
- Then pour into your cup
- Add more hot water to fill your cup
- Pour back into the blender & blend quick
- Pour back into your cup
I honestly promise it’s a heck of a lot easier than that looks, if I was better organized I would make a video of it, which I honestly just thought of so maybe that will have to be done shortly. With the blending, I usually use a little hand milk frother to do the mixing, but I keep forgetting to bring it from the condo so I’ve been improvising & the blender actually blends everything a whole lot nicer. And I think it just makes it quicker too!
Do you like Matcha?
If so, what is your go to Matcha brand and/or Matcha drink?
If you don’t like Matcha, what is your go to mid-morning pick me up?