So something I definitely didn’t see happening so early in the year , I hit my 2020 goal of reading 50 books this past month! Cue the celebration music! Other than hitting my 50 book goal, I didn’t get too much reading in, I was feeling so preoccupied with adulting things, that I was just a little to exhausted but it happens!
So with August coming to an end, here is my August Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2020 Reading Challenge
The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
Completed in August:
- Fitness Junkie by Lucy Skyes, Jo Piazza
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner
- The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica
- Mr. Nobody by Catherine Steadman
- Fitness Junkie: So I didn’t think this book was going to take the turn that it did, but wow. I have no words for how that all happened. But honestly it was a decent read, definitely had you realize that your health is more important than your looks. But
- The Guest List: This was different. I honestly was a little confused while reading because you jumped between people often & the suspense was just killer. I don’t want to get into detail, but because of the suspense it’s totally addicting, or at least I was addicted.
- Big Summer: I was so excited to finally read this, but ultimately a little crushed when I finished. I think the story line was a little too out there for me personally, but other than that it wasn’t bad. I would like there to be a spin off of her new relationship, that would be ideal to me!
- The Other Mrs.: This was a weird one, honestly I did not see the twist coming. But wow, this book was actually very good & I really enjoyed it. Apparently it’s coming to Netflix too so it will be interesting to see on a screen as well. But overall I enjoyed it a whole lot!
- Mr. Nobody: Another different one, honestly this one where they just try to keep you on your toes otherwise the book would have been only 100 pages. So I guess with that being said, it was a little too long & kind of dragged on but other than that I did enjoy it.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger The Mister by E.L James American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Let me know in the comments, I’m seriously looking for new books!
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!