So I’m just one month late on this one, oops, but we are apparently we just over halfway through 2020. I don’t know about you but THANK GOODNESS. I mean, I don’t know what to even say about the last six & a little months because they have been interesting to say the least!
So instead of reminiscing about how 2020 took a weird turn. I’m just gonna jump into it. If you missed my original post welcoming 2020, you can click here to read it.
So here is a quick monthly recap of how my 2020 Goals/Resolutions are looking just over halfway into the year!
- Read 50 books – roughly 4 books a month: Currently read 42/50. Booo yah, thanks to being unemployed & not able to do anything really (thanks Covid) I am way ahead of schedule & I’m thinking just maybe I will probably surpass it this year.
- Actually sticking to a budget: I was doing okay with this, & then we went away & then had an April trip planned, so I was spending a little more than I wanted, but now, I think I’ve literally got this down pact. I mean I’m literally not spending any money except on groceries & my bills. So I guess that’s the upside to Covid happening, I’ve actually become a saving machine.
- Take more pictures: I took a bunch while we were away which was great & was off to a good start on this, now a days I don’t take as much but I’m still trying to document moments!
- Drink more water: yes, yes, yes. I literally drink so much water & tea, I feel so hydrated its amazing! I don’t know how much a day I drink but its definitely between 2-4 litres easy.
- Eat more veggies: Every darn day! We have been making sure we have veggies every night with our dinners, I also have always loved to add spinach to my smoothies & now it’s pretty well smoothie weather again so thats been a great way to add veggies into my daily diet too. On days I don’t have smoothies, I make sure to have a scoop of Greens+ once into a glass of water. Veggies rock everyone!
- Practice my interview skills: uh, I haven’t practiced specifically, but I’ve had one or two interviews which I prepped for so I think that counts. I don’t even know why I made this a goal, I think I should change it to ‘Land a new job’.
- Post 1 blog post a week: So I definitely have not been consistent with this one. The first month of the year I barely wrote thanks to writers block & literally having no motivation to write! I have slowly been catching up on this & I think I have been successfully posting once a week since we got back from our February trip, give or take maybe a week but I did post a few times multiple times, so this pretty well means its all evened out.
Despite the turns this year has taken, I am glad I have been able to keep going with my goals & I am definitely trying my best to stay positive on the daily.
Hav you been sticking with your 2020 resolutions?
I would love to hear how you are doing!