Another month of reading has come & gone! Another month of not much reading but I’m closer to 50 completed books & it’s only halfway through the year!
So the last month has been eventful book wise for me. I was reading this one book, that literally fell apart at the seams as I was reading it, the page I was on literally fell out, so that was interesting, plus I mean I wasn’t totally loving the book so I took that as a sign. I also, ended up finally getting my long awaited Kindle in the mail, to literally send it back to Amazon the next day. But I wasn’t giving up, while I was on the phone with amazon, I literally ordered the Kobo (yes, the one I originally wanted). So I’ve been using that since, I’ve been liking it a lot as well. In case you missed it, I shared my thoughts here on the Kobo Clara Reader last week.
So with June coming to an end, here is my June Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2020 Reading Challenge
The Shark Club by Ann Kidd Taylor
(I was hoping to have this finished by yesterday but it’ll definitely be done by tomorrow!)
Completed in June:
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
- Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen
- Waging Heavy Peace: So I have mixed feelings. We all know I love books like this, unfortunately I found that this one literally just felt like it was dragging on & on & on. Neil is an amazing Canadian who did great things for music but he should have had someone write the book for him or in collaboration with him like all the others guys do. But also, this book ended up falling apart as I was reading it one day, like I don’t know about you, but that was a first for me. So I took that as an omen that it just wasn’t for me!
- American Dirt: So this book was absolutely addicting. I won’t go into much detail about it because it’ll just give everything away. But basically this is a book everyone needs to read 100% right now, especially after all of Trumps ‘Build A Wall’ Stuff that has lead to even more racism happening in American & frankly around the world. This book really showcases the struggle of migrants journey of trying to get to American for the safety of their own lives. Again, I highly recommend reading the book, & once your done, make sure you read the Authors Note at the end!
- Get A Life, Chloe Brown: So I didn’t really enjoy this one. I don’t know what it was, I mean it was cute & all that but there was something that I just didn’t enjoy & I literally can’t put my finger on it, which was pretty upsetting considering I have been wanting to read it for a while!
- Surfside Sisters: I loved this, like I love Nancy Thayer so I mean that helped. But it was a total beauty read & honestly there was so much drama & just oh my moments. But honestly it just made me want to move to a beach town even more.
- The Wife Between Us: I have no idea how I feel about this book, I wanted to read it for a while but I’m just like so confused by so much of it. It was definitely a good read, you just have to pay attention because at one point it just changes completely & that threw me off! But it was a good little thrilling read!
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger The Mister by E.L James American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Let me know in the comments, I’m seriously looking for new books!
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!