I’m basically going to refer to this past month as ‘April Junior’ because I did the exact same thing as last month: read books, did home workouts/walked, watched TV, & cooked. So I apologize yet again, that yes, this is another long as anything reading recap, because I’m bored & loosing my mind. Also, I just realized I didn’t read as much as last month, but oh well, life happens, I’m still way ahead of where I thought I would be this time of year!
One thing that was exciting & book related, ‘P’ got me a kindle & I’m just waiting for it to come in but I’m actually so excited & nervous at the same time.
So with May coming to an end, here is my May Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2020 Reading Challenge
Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
Completed in May:
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- My Favourite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren
- American Royals by Katharine McGee
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
- Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- Where’d You Go Bernadette: I have really mixed feelings about this book. I mean it was great that we got all the side stories & everything, but there was just something about this book that I didn’t enjoy.
- My Favourite Half-Night Stand: So again, I have such mixed feelings. Like I like how the book started & then once she decided to cat-fish her best guy friend/hookup buddy it just got to be too much, that was my turning point. Like how in your right mind do you think that is okay, it’s not & for that reason I really ended up not enjoying the book as much as I hoped I would. But yeah, I’m disappointed.
- American Royals: So this book was way too long, like it could have been done halfway through, & that would have been sufficient. Other than that, I didn’t mind it. I’m not sure if I want to read the second one, but at the same time, I feel like I’ve invested so much time learning about these characters lives (because yes, the book was that long) that I feel like I have too. But it’s a good read, totally what I would think a book about a fictional American royal family (or any fictional royal family).
- The Wives: Uhhh, this was a totally weird book. So I was totally into it & enjoying it & then all of a sudden the book took this weird plot twist turn & then it was all downhill for me from there & yeah, I basically just didn’t like it, I don’t really know what else to say which sucks because I was excited to finally read it, but thats life.
- Such A Fun Age: This book was interesting. I feel like I was kind of confused for most of it. I did enjoy it at times but it was kind of meh to me. I dont know how to explain this one really.
- Where the Crawdads Sing: So this book was interesting. I did find there was a lot of discrimination & it made it tough to read. It also seemed to drag on a little & I ended up not liking how it ended, but it was an alright book.
- What Happens in Paradise: So this was a continuation, which Elin literally never writes. so I was all for it. I really loved that we learned more about what lead to the first book, & got to know the characters even better. My only thing is how it ended, it just ended & like I really really really hope there will be a part 3, because I need that right now.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger The Mister by E.L James
Have you read anything worth recommending?
Let me know in the comments, I’m seriously looking for new books!