It’s been one heck of a month. But lucky for us, it’s officially hibernation season in Ontario. I’m totally okay with it because that just gives me more excuses to hide inside, and curl up with a book!
I did try my best to read a bunch, there was just so much going on with work & getting Christmas shopping done. But I did get another library card, so that means I now officially have library cards to four different libraries. I never thought I would be this crazy little library person, but downsizing has really helped me save money on books and forced me into my local libraries. So with the deadlines on reading books, I’ve finished a few again!
This month, I decided to share my update a couple days early, because the next few days are about to be crazy busy! So with November coming to an end, here is my November Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
How To Be A Grown-Up by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
Completed in November:
- The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
- What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Queenie Malone’s Paradise Hotel by Ruth Hogan
- Life Will Be The Death Of Me by Chelsea Handler
- The Right Swipe: Not bad at all. Again totally predictable but I think it had a stronger message than most. I would totally recommend this book. Yes, it’s predictable & they fall in love/get together in the end, but there is a story about creating your own company, standing your ground & workplace harassment, which really pulled this all together & made it even better!
- What Happened: Honestly never thought I would read a book by Hillary Clinton but here we are. Totally wasn’t bad at all, just super freaking long and a little boring. But I do now know a bunch about American elections and campaigning.
- Queenie Malone’s Paradise Hotel: Another slow starting book but things turned around. So this book also took a seriously different turn in the third part which in all honesty I didn’t see coming but after the slow start it was exciting to really see things picking up as the book went on!
- Life Will Be The Death Of Me: All I can say is, jeeze. Chelsea does not hold back with this one, she literally dives deep into her life and you can feel the pain in some parts. If you like Chelsea Handler, you should probably add this to your TBR list.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger All The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
- Last Night At Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger
What are you currently reading?