August was insanely busy for me. I was doing some side work in the evenings again, I also moved out of my parents house so all the shopping & packing/unpacking, etc has been keeping me even busier. I did try my best to read a bunch & get caught up a little on my reading challenge. The last few months, I’ve been taking more trips to the library & I ended up loving it! Bookstores & buying books helps keep me sane but books that get read once start to add up, plus that would have been more for me to move! I haven’t gotten a library card to the library near me yet (unfortunately I need ID that has my new address, so it might be a while). I’m hoping I can get one soon because it is probably the most amazing library i’ve ever been into.
So with August coming to an end, here is my August Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
Currently Reading: Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
Completed in August:
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
- Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered by Karen Kilgariff
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
- When Life Gives You Lululemons: I really like Lauren Wesiberger’s writing. This book was honestly what I needed to read. It was fun, it was scandalous, it was the perfect tanning read!
- Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered: I listened to this one, it was interesting. I’m just glad I didn’t pay for this one. If you like podcasts/true crime stuff, i’d recommend it
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine: Eleanor is socially awkward & likes being on her own. The beginning of this book had me slightly confused but at times I even found myself laughing out loud (weird I know), but I really liked it & any book that makes you laugh is worth reading in my opinion.
- 99 Percent Mine: Alright, this was super cute, I mean it was really predictable but super cute. I enjoyed it & I can’t wait to read some of Sally’s other novels now!
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger All The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
- Last Night At Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger
What are you currently reading?