July has been a busy one. I started doing some evening work so I’ve gotten a little busier lately. I’m a whole lot more tired these days because I’m working a ton, but at the end of the day, I find that reading even just a few pages has helped me sleep better.
I have taken some more trips to the local library, which has been pretty fun.
I ended up reading 6 freaking books, which is absolutely amazing for me right now, but ya, i’m still slowly getting through my reading challenge!
So with July coming to an end, here is my July Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
– 25/50 (Halfway there!!!! Finally!!)
When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Completed in July:
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin
- The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory
- Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Forever Summer: Honestly just a perfect summer read. I find her books usually start off slow but this one didn’t & it ended up keeping me hooked. I got so lost in this book I ended up burning my back since I didn’t move from the sun!
- Becoming: We got Michelle Obama’s story & we got to know her. I really enjoyed it, she is so relatable & completely honest. Also, I learned a lot from this book, I didn’t know, & I finally found out what FLOTUS & POTUS stood for (don’t judge me)…
- The Last Romantics: I found once you got reading, it was easy to get hooked. I did feel that there was at times a little to much going on, but it was a quick & easy read.
- The Proposal: I found this one at the library, I am actually shocked by how cute it was. I mean obviously I wasn’t shocked at all by the ending but like it was cute & I liked it a whole lot!
- Evvie Drake Starts Over: OH MY GOD, I LOVED THIS BOOK! Like absolutely loved this book. I can’t stop freaking out about how much I loved it! There was something about it that just hooks you & then the last few chapters literally had me in tears which hasn’t happened in forever.
- Scrappy Little Nobody: Honestly Anna Kendrick is so funny even on paper, I got completely hooked. Literally as your reading you can just picture her saying it which was so funny. She talks about her life pre-acting & getting into acting & then just her life. I feel like we could be friends after reading this. Oh & she talks about Zac Efron in it, that was enough for me!
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger All The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
- Last Night At Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger
What are you currently reading?
5 thoughts on “July Reading Recap”
Pingback: Viewing Notes: The Bachelorette (Hannah) – Ep. 12 | The Captain's Speech
I’m going to start “When Life Gives You Lululemons” tonight!
I’m glad that you liked “Becoming”! I read it last year and it was really nice to get Michelle’s side of the story. I also read “The Proposal” and wasn’t a big fan of it. I had read her other book, “The Wedding Date”, and I liked that one better. I’d recommend reading that if you haven’t yet.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahh we’re reading it at the same time, this is exciting!
I really liked Michelle’s side, it was so refreshing to read!
Okay, so i’m glad it wasn’t just me. it was just so predictable but tried to not be predictable.. I haven’t read that one, I’ll have to give her another try & read it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Keeping Up With Cass | Uniquely Cass
Pingback: 2019 Reading Challenge & Book List | Uniquely Cass