I don’t know about you, but I am ready for the long weekend!
June was very good to me & my reading time (this weekend will be no different)! Work wasn’t too stressful which was awesome, so I was able to read in the evenings/weekends & actually found some books I was interested in which was a total game changer! Slowly but surely i’m getting through my reading challenge!
So with June coming to an end, here is my June Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
Completed in June:
- China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
- Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
- Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
- All The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- China Rich Girlfriend: I honestly thought the first book was amazing, but this book is even better. Who would have guessed that could happen. I really can’t say much about the book without giving to much away but I would suggest giving this series a read. I can’t wait to pick up the third book!
- Beautiful Day: I love Elin Hilderbrand novels. She is like the queen of beachy summer reads. This one I found at the used book store, & loved every second of it. So much family drama, & stuff happened. She really gets you hooked!
- Chasing Harry Winston: OMG this book was exactly what I needed. It took me no more than 2.5 days to read, I was absolutely hooked. I got this at the library book sale & i’m glad I caved & got it. I have nothing but amazing things to say, other than I really missed reading books like this!
- All The Hate U Give: I was so excited to find this book at the used bookstore at my cottage for a steal & honestly couldn’t pay quick enough. I have been wanting to read this since it came out. It was a great book, I can’t say that enough. It was based around an obviously very touchy subject, police brutality & african americans. I feel like honestly everyone just needs to read this book. That is all.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger All The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
What are you currently reading?