Oh April, you were good to me & my reading time! Despite being busy with work, I was able to read & read & read to my hearts content. I got into the books I was reading & was a total goner. I ended up reading one of the books in one day (whoops). I also decided to take a trip to the local library & left with 3 books, I needed some fun reads back in my life. But this last month, I ended up finally reading over my minimum of 4 books a month (finally) & ended up reading a total of 5 books! I’m playing catch up now but it looks like i’m back!
So with April coming to an end, here is my April Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
I’ll be starting one of the library books I picked up, just have to decide which one!
Completed in April:
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the boy: What a book! I mean, you all know I love my ‘Bridget Jones’ but I haven’t actually gotten this far in the books, so I wasn’t expecting it to be this way (totally different than the movie, by the way), but I loved it & well, Bridget should be Queen.
- Girl, Wash Your Face: This book was fantastic! I loved how Rachel Hollis wasn’t like ‘do this’ or ‘do that’, it was her story & how she’s dealt with something. It was a totally different kind of book & I loved every second of it!
- Bridget Jones Baby: The last of the Bridget Jones Series. & damn it, I don’t want it to end! It was so strange finally reading this book, I mean so different than the movie (but obviously so much better)! I loved this book so much I read through it in one day, one day…. Thank goodness for Easter Monday being a holiday for me!
- Born to Run: Honestly this book I think was a gift to my dad by a client & has been on our shelf for a while, so I figured I should read it! It was totally not what I expected & was super interesting. I mean who knew there was this tribe in Mexico that was like super human runners & lived off the land still. Christoper went above & beyond in his research & it showed! If you are interested in running or are a runner, I would highly, highly recommend reading this book!
- The Vacationers: This book was honestly what I needed. It was one of the three books I borrowed from the library. It was an easy read & there was so much family drama between the pages.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
What are you currently reading?
Stay caught up with us on: Twitter & Goodreads
One thought on “April Reading Recap”
Pingback: 2019 Reading Challenge & Book List | Uniquely Cass