Oh April, you were good to me & my reading time! Despite being busy with work, I was able to read & read & read to my hearts content. I got into the books I was reading & was a total goner. I ended up reading one of the books in one day (whoops). I also decided to take a trip to the local library & left with 3 books, I needed some fun reads back in my life. But this last month, I ended up finally reading over my minimum of 4 books a month (finally) & ended up reading a total of 5 books! I’m playing catch up now but it looks like i’m back!
So with April coming to an end, here is my April Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
I’ll be starting one of the library books I picked up, just have to decide which one!
Completed in April:
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the boy: What a book! I mean, you all know I love my ‘Bridget Jones’ but I haven’t actually gotten this far in the books, so I wasn’t expecting it to be this way (totally different than the movie, by the way), but I loved it & well, Bridget should be Queen.
- Girl, Wash Your Face: This book was fantastic! I loved how Rachel Hollis wasn’t like ‘do this’ or ‘do that’, it was her story & how she’s dealt with something. It was a totally different kind of book & I loved every second of it!
- Bridget Jones Baby: The last of the Bridget Jones Series. & damn it, I don’t want it to end! It was so strange finally reading this book, I mean so different than the movie (but obviously so much better)! I loved this book so much I read through it in one day, one day…. Thank goodness for Easter Monday being a holiday for me!
- Born to Run: Honestly this book I think was a gift to my dad by a client & has been on our shelf for a while, so I figured I should read it! It was totally not what I expected & was super interesting. I mean who knew there was this tribe in Mexico that was like super human runners & lived off the land still. Christoper went above & beyond in his research & it showed! If you are interested in running or are a runner, I would highly, highly recommend reading this book!
- The Vacationers: This book was honestly what I needed. It was one of the three books I borrowed from the library. It was an easy read & there was so much family drama between the pages.
TBR List or as I like to call it the ‘what’s still unread on my bookshelf list’:
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
Family Trust by Kathy Wang The Year of Less by Cait Flanders Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
What are you currently reading?