It’s January 31st, can you believe it!
One month of 2019 has already come & gone, I honestly feel a little shell shocked!
This past Christmas, I was gifted books (more books, can you believe it) & gift cards to buy more books. So as always, huge thank you Chapters Indigo for fuelling my book problem! I finally organized my bookshelf slightly & ended up moving a stack of the books I had piled on the floor of my room to some shelves in the basement, I really am running out of room here! But you know me, i’m not complaining, I’ll just have to start going to the library. Also, I don’t know if its just me but I feel like there has not been much of a change with the books on my list, but I did go a little nuts last year buying books, so instead of spending money on books, here I am attempting to catch up & get through this list! I will add here that I totally gave up on a book for the first time ever, after months of trying I had to give up on ‘The Pale Horseman’, I will come back to you at some point & finish reading you, mark my words.
I did read a little slow this month, my goal was 4 books per month but I just couldn’t get into one of the books, so it took me a little longer to get through! That’s okay though, i have some time to catch up still & with summer coming up, I’ll end up reading like crazy anyways!
So with January coming to an end, here is my January Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2019 Reading Challenge
Currently reading: Hmm still deciding
Completed in January:
- Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Hypnotists Love Story by Liane Moriarty
- Winter in Paradise: I love Elin Hilderbrand books, they are one of my favourite summer reads! This one was set in the Caribbean which was a first for her books & I can not lie, I kind of liked the slight change. I read this at the beginning of the month, while we had a little cold burst here in Toronto & I honestly just kept imagining I was on the beach & enjoying the warm weather with the characters. i would highly recommend this book!
- The Hypnotists Love Story: I usually really like reading Liane Moriarty’s novels, the first one I read was Big Little Lies (before the show came out obviously) & loved it, & ended up loving some of her other novels. This one I however found it to be a little slow & I just wasn’t as into the story line as I was with her other novels. I was a little disappointed but at least I gave it a shot!
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as I read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty
- An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Perfect Rivals by Jeff Carroll
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
- Family Trust by Kathy Wang
What are you currently reading?
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, nothing is more motivating than seeing what everyone is reading & seeing if there are any books that would interest me!
Also, I will be starting a monthly Q & A series called, ‘Q & Cass’. You can comment you questions below, tweet me your questions, or even contact me with your questions if you want to stay anonymous. Get your questions in!
Just keep reading
This post contains referral/affiliate links. If you buy something from Indigo Chapters link above, Uniquely Cass may earn a commission.