So this ‘winter’ (if you can even call it that) has been brutal. I live in Canada, just outside of Toronto, so I’m pretty used to the chilly weather. I also lived in Ottawa (which is beyond cold) for a few years, so don’t even start with me. But that’s not the problem. this year, the weather has been weird, I don’t know how else to say it really. One day it’s warm, one day it’s freezing, the next it’s raining, the next it’s snowing, I can go on..
Usually my skin & my hair can handle whatever winter throws our way. But for some reason (& i’m blaming the all over changing weather), nothing has been working! I have officially stopped painting my nails again because they keep breaking & peeling. My hair has gotten so brittle & dry, that not even deep conditioning & hydrating masks were even working. Oh & my skin, I just can’t even go there.
Here are some of the products & things that have helped save me this season
- Bio oil: MY SAVING GRACE. I mix this in with my body lotion & my face cream, I even use it on my chapped lips. I have even started to put it on the ends of my hair. I put a few drops of bio oil into my morning face cream: Philosophy Hope in a Jar & my evening cream: Clinique Smart Night.
- Water: I have literally been guzzling water. Its cold outside, but dry & blah inside, I find that drinking a ton of water everyday has been helping not only keep me hydrated but also keeps my skin hydrated.
- Eye drops: I don’t know if it is just me or what, but between having the heat on in the car, everywhere being dry thanks to the heat being on & all that good stuff. My eyes have been hurting & super dry. I learned how to put eye drops in this month & now make sure I use them a few times a day!
- AVEENO Skin Relief Body Wash Fragrance Free: I usually love using all-natural products but this winter I changed up my body wash & started using Aveeno again. My dry skin feels soft and smooth, and stays that way all day long.
- Boscia Rosewater Mist with Witch Hazel: This product I keep in my bag all the time. It is alcohol-free mist toner, hydrating toner mist that absorbs excess oil, visibly tightens pores, and soothes for a dewy, healthy-looking complexion. Plus it is super easy to use when you’re on-the-go. I find myself spritzing this on my face at the office a bunch, it’s a great way to refresh & hydrate during the day.
These are some of the products I started to use this winter & have been helping save me!
Have you had to change up your skincare products/routines this winter? What are some of the products you add to your winter regime?
Wish me & my skin some luck, I’m about to spend all day outside in -20 weather!
Thanks for reading!