Happy Sunday (again)!
Two posts in one day… who the heck am I? I do love that both are about books.
The end the year on a high note, I compiled a list of the books I completed in 2018! This past year my goal was to read 50 books in 2018 & this past year I read 44 books (44.5 if you count The Pale Horseman).
I always love having a goal to challenge myself. By having a reading challenge in 2018, I kept track of the books I read (which was new to me) & helped me renew my love for reading.
Another big thing that happened with reading in my life this year was I started listening to audiobooks (which is something I never, & I mean never, thought I would do), & enjoyed them. I found myself listening to them in the car, while I worked out, before bed, at work, you name it. I was so shocked. I couldn’t believe myself.
2018 Reading Challenge Book List:
- Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews
- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
- Balancing Acts by Zoe Fishman
- Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
- The Husbands Secret by Lianne Moriarty
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Darker (50 Shades as Told by Christian) by E.L James
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Bhagavad Gita
- The Husband Hour by Jamie Brenner
- Lost Along the Way by Erin Duffy
- Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- You Think It, I’ll Say It by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Slash by Slash with Anthony Bozza
- Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews
- Here’s to Us by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Island by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band by Neil Stauss & Motley Crue
- Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart
- Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Light we Lost by Jill Santopolo
- Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart
- Crazy, Rich, Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Sunburn by Laura Lippman
- Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton
- Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop
- Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
- Get Your Shit Together by Sarah Knight
- The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
- It’s Not Okay by Andi Dorfman
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
- Corralled by Lorelei James
- Well Read Black Girl by Gloria Edim
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
I am so proud of myself for this list. There is a little bit of everything & different genres. I found some new authors I fell in love with & got through some of my bookshelf (I say some, because I keep adding more & more books, oops). I also loved ending the year by reading ‘You Are A Badass At Making Money’ I feel like I am all set to start the year off on a rolling start, ready to just go get em. Achieve everything I’m slowly planning for 2019.
I can’t wait to start my new reading challenge for 2019 tomorrow!
I’ve set my reading going for 50 books again (really planning on accomplishing that goal in 2019).
Also do you have Goodreads? Let’s be friends, I love seeing how everyone is doing on their challenges & what your reading!
What is your 2019 reading goal?
Happy New Years Everyone!
& Thank you for reading!
This post contains referral/affiliate links. If you buy something from Indigo Chapters via the Banner above, Uniquely Cass may earn a commission.