So with December & 2018 is officially coming to an end, here is my December Reading Recap! Stay tuned for a full list of all the books I read this past year!
2018 Reading Challenge
Currently reading: The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall (Still)
Completed in December:
- The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
- It’s Not Okay by Andi Dorfman
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
- Corralled by Lorelei James
- Well Read Black Girl by Gloria Edim
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
- The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo: Oh my, Amy is just as funny on paper as she is on screen. She literally holds nothing back in this book & it shows just how real she is. I love her even more after reading this.
- It’s Not Okay: really not sure why I even wasted time reading this. Andi basically throws all the guys/her main guys under the bus throughout this book. But I really feel like if you are going through a breakup or something like that, then you should read this but yeah, otherwise don’t waste your time.
- The Last Black Unicorn: Tiffany Haddish talks real life & the journey to where she is, all while making you laugh. I really liked this, & listening to it made it easier to trek through it.
- Corralled: I read a steamy, guilt free novel & kinda liked it … Sue me. Don’t actually, but it was nice to just have something on in the background.
- Well Read Black Girl: So this was amazing. The author Gloria, had mixed a bunch of short stories into one book, all written by African-American Women (I believe) but it was so captivating & just wow. I haven’t ever read a book like this & I was just blown away.
- A Wrinkle in Time: I wanted to read this before watching the movie. I can’t lie I was a little confused with all the creatures & what not but overall I thought it was a great book & I cannot wait to watch Oprah & Reese in the movie!
- You Are A Badass At Making Money: Ended 2018 with a bang by reading this one. I feel like this is a kick in the butt I needed to get my ‘money’ in order for the new year. Actually take my budgeting seriously & make that money. This is definitely a book i’ll find myself reading over & over!
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as pick them off my shelf
The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty
Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Perfect Rivals by Jeff Carroll
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
Essentialism by Greg McKeown Sunburn by Laura Lippman Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton Get Your Sh*t Together by Sarah Knight Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop The Girl With The Lower back Tattoos by Amy Schumer It’s Not Okay by Andi Dorfman The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish Corralled by Lorelei James Well-Read Black Girl by Glory Edim A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
Sweet Addictions by J.Daniels
Just keep reading
Stay caught up with us on: Twitter & Goodreads
This post contains referral/affiliate links. If you buy something from Indigo Chapters via the Banner above, Uniquely Cass may earn a commission.
One thought on “December Reading Recap”
Pingback: & That’s a Wrap on 2018 | Uniquely Cass