Happy Boxing Day!
Hope you all had an absolutely amazing Christmas & spent lots of time with your families!
The holiday season always has me reminiscing on the past year & as I was doing this, i realized I had learned not only so much about myself but also so many new things this year. Here is a list of 24 things I learned/what stuck with me this past year.
I know 24 is a weird number, could have gone with 25 but this year I turned 24 so I liked how that sounded!
24 Things I Learned
- Its okay to put yourself first
- Move for at least 30 minutes a day
- Practice the 80/20 rule for a healthy diet… But don’t deprive yourself, eat the damn fries
- Find something you love & make time for it
- Organization is key
- It’s totally okay to be picky (mainly with boys & food)
- Relax! Take deep breaths
- You can never have too many books
- Start investing in staple pieces for your wardrobe
- Always have a pair heels/extra shoes in your backseat, you never know when you’ll need to switch out of those running shoes or heels
- Protect your skin, wear sunscreen
- Learn to go with the flow
- It is okay to be vulnerable & show your emotions
- Turn your phone off, disconnect from the world once in a while
- Say yes, step out of your comfort zone once & a while
- Always keep tabs on how the Canadian Dollar is doing
- It’s never to late to start properly managing your money
- On that note, learn how to budget & actually stick to it
- Sleep is crucial, don’t stray from your sleep schedule
- When in doubt, read another chapter.
- Take a deep breath & stop stressing yourself out!
- Always make time for your girls!
- Adulting only gets harder
- Everyday is a gift!
I feel so blessed to have had such a magical year!
Here is to continuing learning something each & everyday, & as usual I am already hoping this next year is better than ever!