Happy Tuesday Everyone.
Pretty disappointed to say that I didn’t happen to read any halloween type novels this month, I mean ‘The Woman in Cabin 10’ would be the closest thing to a thriller but I don’t think that counts as a halloween book… But I did watch Hocus Pocus a million times & all those cheesy fall hallmark movies on the W Network, the usual October really.
Alright, so after holding myself accountable all summer by having my monthly summer TBR updates, I figured I would change things up a little & go into more detail (not only for you all to enjoy obviously, but for me to actually know what I read & when..). Feel free to let me know if you like this version better or not, I can keep tweaking as the months go on.
So with October coming to an end, here is my October Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2018 Reading Challenge
Currently reading: The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
Completed in October:
- Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Light we Lost by Jill Santopolo
- Sweet Addictions by J. Daniels
- Summer Breeze: If you are into beachy reads, I would highly recommend Nancy Thayer. This was the perfect book to quote on quote “end summer” with. Nancy had a way of hooking you in & I could not get enough!
- The Singles Games: Alright, not what I was expecting from Lauren Weisberger, the amazing mind behind “the Devil Wears Prada”. I mean it was good but it took a while for me to get into. I found it to be a slow start & ended up with a typical ending.
- The Women In Cabin 10: Holy Smokes. I was skeptical about this book, my neighbour lent it to me & said I had to read it. At first I definately did not know what to expect, but after the first 100 pages, I honestly could not put this book down. It was amazing & kept me on my toes the whole time. Oh & the author tweeted at me.
- Crazy Rich Asians: I am so mad at myself for watching this movie before reading the book, I never do that & for some reason I just couldn’t stop picturing the movie & parts were seriously word for word. Again quite shocked by this novel & I can’t wait to read the sequels (sue me).
- The Light We Lost: Not going to lie, this book had me hooked like crazy. I mean parts were pretty predictable but I was in tears by the end, it really hit me hard. It was a total page turner & you won’t regret reading this at all.
- Sweet Addictions: I read this on my phone (Thanks Apple for the books app) in less than 24 hours. I can’t lie it was totally addicting, but it was also a little too dirty for my liking, but most of the free books seem to be like that & the storyline was predictable yet great! It was basically an R-rated cheesy movie in writing.
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as pick them off my shelf
The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty
Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Perfect Rivals by Jeff Carroll
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Just keep reading
2 thoughts on “October Reading Recap”
Good stuff as usual Cass! I can’t believe you read 6 books in one month. Dude, that’s a ton! I read about 6 books a year. I want to read more but I read the newspaper everyday and lots of magazines, usually sports mags.
Anyway, I have a friend who writes books. Her name is Mary Kubica. I grew up with Mary here in Lake Zurich, IL. She writes mystery fiction novels and my wife loves them! Her first book was called “The Good Girl” and she’s had about 4 or 5 books now. I got an autographed copy for my wife’s birthday which was really cool. So check her out.
Thanks! Reid K. “Dutch Lion” Wiersema
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Somehow It’s Already November | Uniquely Cass