Happy Tuesday Everyone.
Pretty disappointed to say that I didn’t happen to read any halloween type novels this month, I mean ‘The Woman in Cabin 10’ would be the closest thing to a thriller but I don’t think that counts as a halloween book… But I did watch Hocus Pocus a million times & all those cheesy fall hallmark movies on the W Network, the usual October really.
Alright, so after holding myself accountable all summer by having my monthly summer TBR updates, I figured I would change things up a little & go into more detail (not only for you all to enjoy obviously, but for me to actually know what I read & when..). Feel free to let me know if you like this version better or not, I can keep tweaking as the months go on.
So with October coming to an end, here is my October Reading Recap & current TBR list!
2018 Reading Challenge
Currently reading: The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
Completed in October:
- Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Light we Lost by Jill Santopolo
- Sweet Addictions by J. Daniels
- Summer Breeze: If you are into beachy reads, I would highly recommend Nancy Thayer. This was the perfect book to quote on quote “end summer” with. Nancy had a way of hooking you in & I could not get enough!
- The Singles Games: Alright, not what I was expecting from Lauren Weisberger, the amazing mind behind “the Devil Wears Prada”. I mean it was good but it took a while for me to get into. I found it to be a slow start & ended up with a typical ending.
- The Women In Cabin 10: Holy Smokes. I was skeptical about this book, my neighbour lent it to me & said I had to read it. At first I definately did not know what to expect, but after the first 100 pages, I honestly could not put this book down. It was amazing & kept me on my toes the whole time. Oh & the author tweeted at me.
- Crazy Rich Asians: I am so mad at myself for watching this movie before reading the book, I never do that & for some reason I just couldn’t stop picturing the movie & parts were seriously word for word. Again quite shocked by this novel & I can’t wait to read the sequels (sue me).
- The Light We Lost: Not going to lie, this book had me hooked like crazy. I mean parts were pretty predictable but I was in tears by the end, it really hit me hard. It was a total page turner & you won’t regret reading this at all.
- Sweet Addictions: I read this on my phone (Thanks Apple for the books app) in less than 24 hours. I can’t lie it was totally addicting, but it was also a little too dirty for my liking, but most of the free books seem to be like that & the storyline was predictable yet great! It was basically an R-rated cheesy movie in writing.
* Again not being read in any order, crossing out books as pick them off my shelf
The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Hypnotist Love Story by Liane Moriarty
Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
- An Innocent Fashion by R.J Hernandez
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwall
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- The New Rules of Work by Alexandra Cavoulacos & Kathryn Minshew
- Perfect Rivals by Jeff Carroll
- Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young
- Special Deluxe by Neil Young
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones Baby by Helen Fielding
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Just keep reading