Happy Belated Canada Day my fellow Canadians!
Also, Happy Bachelorette Monday!
Sorry for the one day delay, I was computer-less celebrating Canada Day at the cottage with my family! We are also experiencing a serious heatwave but after the flip floppy weather, I am more than happy to experience tropical vacation weather & spent the whole weekend outdoors!
June was so busy, it completely flew by! Not only did I run the Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10k (check out my recap here), but I also completed my 200hr Yoga Teacher Training (missed my short recap, check it out here). I was also lucky enough to see Keith Urban & Kelsea Ballerini the other night & concert season is in full gear! Unfortunately, last week I also had to attend a funeral for a family member & am still feeling a little down, but I know she is in a better place & not suffering any more! Sorry for sneaking in the upsetting news, but onto a happier note, I am very ready to be starting July without a million things on my plate & I am just looking forward to see how this summer goes!
Dating Update: Yeah, nothing to report here, I repeat nothing! (I’m taking this out next month, just saying)
Injury Update: After getting my pinky finger stuck in a really heavy door two months ago. It has been healing very nicely, & it is looking like it will only be a matter of time until I have a pretty nail again!
Here is a quick monthly recap of how things are looking so far! Here’s my ‘Goals for 2018’. Unfortunately not much has changed:
- Read 50 Books- read 14 so far, on my 15th book (slowly getting there)! Currently reading: Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand.
- Travel to 5 new locations- Already traveled to South Africa (Cape Town, Sabi Sands & Tjakastad) 3/5
Have 2 Vegan days per week –Have been eating at least two or three meatless days per week. Get my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate- Officially a certified yoga teacher
- Start a Pilates Barre/Yoga business- Slowly beginning to throw ideas out there, might start with teaching private classes (coming soon)
- Spend less each month (aka no impulse purchases)- Dun Dun Dun, Summer Wardrobe…. Concert Season! RIP Bank Account. Oh also, Legit obsessed with Whole Foods Vegan Chicken Bites & Vegan Chilli … This could get expensive!
Learn something new this year- so not happening this year
- Purge closet/dresser 3 times this year- 2/3 completed, purge for summer complete…
- Become involved with a cause I care about- been researching which one, want to pick the right one.
Complete a 10km run- Toronto Waterfront 10km completed!!
- Complete a half marathon– possibly signing up for Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, just need to make sure the date works!
- Grow my LinkedIn Network: Hit 400 Connections by end of 2018
- Focus on my health: Physically I have been getting in my workouts (yoga or running or the gym), but my diet has been pretty bad with stress eating or not eating nutritiously. Now that things have slowed down, I can really start to focus on cleaning my diet back up
- Close Apple Watch rings everyday- closed 23/30 days last month (so close)! -If you have an apple watch & want to be friends, contact me! I love a little healthy competition
- Be less negative- been picking a focus for the day & trying to focus on it! This months focus: love yourself!
Did you make any New Years Goals? Have you been sticking to them?
I would love to hear how you are doing and/or if you have any suggestions about anything & everything or recipes/activities I should try!
My new daily reminder: ‘go with the flow’