Like last month, things have been getting busier & busier as the days go on. Right now I am counting down the days until June 25th (awkward date I know but that’s when everything ends), these next three weeks are about to be very very tiring & long, wish me luck.
My Yoga course is so close to being over, I cannot believe just how much my life has changed over these past few months & I cannot wait to share about this experience.
I am also signed up for the Toronto Waterfront 10 km (only 15 more days, cue the nerves). I have not been running much due to the amount of yoga I am doing daily but I am planning to go out & run my little heart off & hopefully beating my last PR (just need to run this in 50 minutes…). I have practiced a little more lately, so I have some faith in myself!
Even though this past month was filled with yoga, homework, work & more work. I took some time to relax at the cottage if I could, made it to the golf course a few times & spent time with family & friends as often as possible. Trying to make time for those you love is always important with a busy schedule.
Dating Update: I warned you last month.. Don’t say I didn’t! You don’t believe me do you.. Fine, go read it yourself here. Last month I mentioned our members are playing a game of who can set me up basically. They have not succeeded, no dates were scheduled thankfully. But now my boss got wind & well she has so many fellas in mind, this is going to be interesting.. On a different note, I did get asked on a date but claimed I was ‘busy’ so I could stay in & eat popcorn.. I’m a keeper I know.. Sorry Mom.
Injury Update: Again, don’t say I didn’t warn you… After getting my pinky finger stuck in a really heavy door. It has been healing very nicely, I know a doctor thanks to my yoga course & she took a look at it & broke the news to me that I will lose the nail eventually… This is going to suck but I guess now we play the waiting game 😦
Here is a quick monthly recap of how things are looking so far! Here’s my ‘Goals for 2018’
- Read 50 Books- read 8 so far, on my 9th book currently reading Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- Travel to 5 new locations- Already traveled to South Africa (Cape Town, Sabi Sands & Tjakastad) 3/5
- Have 2 Vegan days per week –Have been eating at least two meatless days per week.
- Get my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate- One More month & the exam to go!
- Start a Pilates Barre/Yoga business- Slowly beginning to throw ideas out there, might start with teaching private classes (coming soon)
- Spend less each month (aka no impulse purchases)- Nailed it this month, really focusing on my savings!
Learn something new this year- so not happening this year
- Purge closet/dresser 3 times this year- 2/3 completed, purge for summer complete… now I need clothes.
- Become involved with a cause I care about- been researching which one, want to pick the right one.
- Complete a 10km run- Running the Toronto Waterfront 10km in 15 days…
- Complete a half marathon– possibly signing up for Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, just need to make sure the date works!
- Grow my LinkedIn Network: Hit 300 people by year end- grew to 331 connections (56 people) in just one month. New goal 400 by year end (don’t worry won’t update this monthly- I don’t have enough time on my hands to keep track
- Focus on my health: Workout 4-5 times weekly, Drink less often, Drink more water!! – have been very good about my diet & attending yoga 5-8 times per week (crazy gal), running/walking at least 2 times a week & strength train 1 day a week. Summer 2018 bod in the making
- Close Apple Watch rings everyday- closed 24/31 days last month (so close)! -If you have an apple watch & want to be friends, contact me! I love a little healthy competition
- Be less negative- been picking a focus for the day & trying to focus on it! Today’s focus: gratitude
Did you make any New Years Goals? Have you been sticking to them?
I would love to hear how you are doing and/or if you have any suggestions about anything & everything or recipes I should try!
Just keep swimming!