May the fourth be with you all
& Happy Cinco De Mayo! (Happy Tequila day- as I like to call it)
So I really wish I had this ready to go for May 1st, you know the whole N’Sync ‘Its gonna be me (may)’ thing, but it’s alright my inner 90’s child always has a field day with this! great.. Now I have N’Sync stuck in my head… But we it’s the fourth so we can still have some fun today with cheeky lines!
It’s also Cinco De Mayo, happy tequila day my fellow tequila lovers! You can bet i will having a little tequila later, I’ll take a shot for you all today 🙂
These days, I have so much on my plate, I have started to schedule not only my workouts into my day but also when I can see my friends. Work has been busy, I think I have roughly 10 projects on the go, plus day-to-day tasks….
Yoga teacher training is going amazing. I am finally breaking out of my shell, leaving my head & am able to not only enjoy it again but also play within my practice. I am super excited to be able to share my knowledge come June!
I am roughly one month out from running in the Toronto Waterfront 10 km & you can say I am getting super excited to get back out there & running! I have not been running much due to the amount of yoga I am doing daily but hey, no problem with just running & hopefully beating my last PR (just need to run this in 50 minutes…)
Side note: work has been going great, really keeping me busy. But to make my days equally more fun, our members are now playing a game called: ‘Let’s see who can set Cass up on a date first’ … Stay tuned for this one friends
Injury Update: this is now going to be a thing each month, at a work reception last night I got my pinkie finger stuck in a really heavy door.. cue the pain… It does not seem broken but it definitely does not look pretty & is seriously bruised. Let’s just say this is going to take some time to heal, bring on the year supply of band-aids & Advil!
Here is a quick monthly recap of how things are looking so far! Here’s my ‘Goals for 2018’
- Read 50 Books- read 7 so far, currently reading Turtles All The Way Down by John Green (Book #8)- Still reading the same book (how? I really don’t know)
- Travel to 5 new locations- Already travelled to South Africa (Cape Town, Sabi Sands & Tjakastad) 3/5
- Have 2 Vegan days per week –been getting better as the month went on! Have been eating at least two meatless days per week.
- Get my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate- Two More months & two more yoga weekends. Will be a certified yoga teacher come June
- Start a Pilates Barre/Yoga business- Slowly beginning to throw ideas out there, might start with teaching private classes (coming soon)
- Spend less each month (aka no impulse purchases)- Nailed it this month, really trying to focus on my savings!
- Learn something new this year- so not happening this year
- Purge closet/dresser 3 times this year- 1/3 completed, about to purge for the summer
- Become involved with a cause I care about- been researching which one, want to pick the right one.
- Complete a 10km run- All signed up for the Toronto Waterfront 10km
- Complete a half marathon– in the process of picking one
- Focus on my health: Workout 4-5 times weekly, Drink less often, Drink more water!! – have been very good about my diet & attending yoga minimum 4 per week, running/walking at least 2 times a week & strength train 1 day a week. Guess who got her groove back!
- Close Apple Watch rings everyday- closed 24/30 days last month (so close)! Did win the April Challenge (Averaged 57 exercise minutes daily) – If you want to compete & be friends, contact me! I love a little healthy competition
- Be less negative- been picking a focus for the day & trying to focus on it! Today’s focus: compassion
Did you make any New Years Goals? Have you been sticking to them?
I would love to hear how you are doing and/or if you have any suggestions about anything & everything or recipes I should try!