Happy February Loves or should I say Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Usually year after year, I am super excited to watch the Super Bowl. In my house its basically a national holiday. This year I was not super excited to say the least, why you might (but probably won’t) ask? I am a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, nothing could ever change that. This year my brothers & moms favourite team (New England Patriots) would face off against no other then the Cowboys nemesis, the Philadelphia Eagles. To say the least I decided to stay neutral & hope that just maybe the Super Bowl would get cancelled (imagine..). Enough about this I could go on & on for days (or years if you let me), so January flew by to no surprise. It was definitely tough readjusting to life back in colder weather after being in South Africa for the holidays/beginning of 2018. I started my yoga teacher training right away, & ended the month off by being trained to work full time instead of just on contract with a company (YAY!). 2018 has already exceeded 2016 & 2017 in my books. At the beginning of January I posted some of my goals for 2018, here is a quick monthly recap of how things are looking so far! Here’s my ‘Goals for 2018’
- Read 50 Books- read 4 so far, currently reading The Husbands Secret (book #5)
- Travel to 5 new locations- Already travelled to South Africa (Cape Town, Sabi Sands & Tjakastad, But I am counting that as one!). 1/5
- Have 2 Vegan days per week –been getting better as the month went on! Eventually I’ll share some recipes
- Adapt to a vegetarian diet – slowly but surly
- Get my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate- Started in January, will be a certified yoga teacher come June
- Start a Pilates Barre/Yoga business
- Spend less each month (aka no impulse purchases)- there is always February
- Learn something new this year- still deciding what!!
- Purge closet/dresser 3 times this year- slowly been putting a pile of clothes together
- Become involved with a cause I care about- been researching which one, want to pick the right one
- Run a minimum of 8 km per week- Love this one! Keeping me on track for running, usually I go over 8 kms but it’s a start
- Complete a 10km run- in the process of picking one
- Complete a half marathon– in the process of picking one
- Focus on my health: Choose healthy food options when dining out, Workout 4-5 times weekly, Drink less often, & Drink more water!! – closed my rings on my apple watch everyday for 13 days straight (trying to get the whole month in February!)
- Be less negative- been picking a focus for the day & trying to focus on it!
- Smile more & be less serious
How have you been sticking to the goals you set for 2018??